Gestor de Projecto Horizon 2020 – Research Network in Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology (m/f) (28-03-16)
Powered by Max Banner Ads
CIBIO – InBIO
Job/Fellowship Reference: EnvMetaGen – Project Manager
Main research field: Biological sciences
InBIO – Research Network in Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology is seeking to recruit a Horizon 2020 Project Manager to oversee internal and external operations relating to the project “EnvMetaGen – Capacity Building at InBIO for Research and Innovation Using Environmental Metagenomics” (Reference Nº 668981), funded by the European Commission under the call H2020-WIDESPREAD-2014-2, and with an overall budget of 2.48M€ (September 2015 – August 2020). The project aims to expand the research and innovation potential of InBIO, supporting emerging research lines in environmental metagenomics for applications in biodiversity surveys, invasive species control, ecosystem services assessment, and environmental (bio)monitoring. The Project Manager will oversee the development of the project, guaranteeing the timely conclusion of milestones and deliverables, and contributing to the organization of meetings, workshops and seminars, the preparation of proposals, and the management of relationships with the European Commission and project’s stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be based at the laboratory facilities of CIBIO-InBIO, which is a young and highly dynamic research centre located near Porto, in Northern Portugal, which conducts world-class research in the fields of biodiversity and evolution. It is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits. The Centre offers great opportunities for multidisciplinary research and hosts 20 research groups, which include over 160 PhD level researchers, and over 100 MSc and PhD students, from across the world. The Centre has state of the art ecology and molecular laboratories and conducts research projects at a global scale. The working language of the institute is English, and it offers a vibrant, multicultural and enthusiastic working atmosphere. In addition, the Northern region of Portugal provides rich cultural and outdoor activities and Porto is a UNESCO world-heritage city and the capital of Port wine.
Tasks carried out by the Horizon 2020 project manager will include:
. Establishing an understanding of InBIO’s mission, technology, value propositions, ambitions, and quality objectives;
· Familiarise oneself with EnvMetaGen and ensuring the correct operational records are in place to measure key performance indicators;
· Coordinating the administration of EnvMetaGen and supervise its support staff;
· Support the Project Coordinator and the ERA Chair holder in the development of activities related EnvMetaGen;
· Support the Project Coordinator with the periodic operational and financial reporting to the European Commission;
· Support management in the compiling of documentation pertaining to project deliverables and their timely delivery to the European Commission;
· Attend key European Commission events related directly or indirectly to EnvMetaGen and its key objectives;
· Research upcoming and existing call topics that align with the ambitions of InBIO under all European Frameworks;
· Identify consortiums that align with the ambitions of InBIO;
· Collaborate in the development and preparation of proposals for topics that align with InBIO’s ambitions;
· Routinely liaise with key personnel within the management team to ensure alignment with the project;
· Supervise the communications between InBIO, project stakeholders and the European Commission;
· Report to the Project Coordinator and the ERA Chair holder.
Background and experience required:
· Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
· Have a minimum 5 years Project Management expertise;
· Experience with FP7 or H2020 project management is advantageous;
· Experience with managing scientific or technical projects;
· Demonstrate strong team work skills;
· Exemplary organisation skills and attention to detail;
· Excellent time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal communication skills;
· Have a driving license;
· Good computer skills and excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English are essential;
· Proficiency in Portuguese is advantageous.
· Initial appointment for 4.3 years;
· Internationally competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience;
· Significant opportunities for travelling, training, conference attendance and networking.
Applicants should submit:
· Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
· A brief (2-pages) motivation letter.
Applications should be submitted by mail to email@example.com, until 20th April 2016.
The EnvMetaGen project is available upon request to the same mail address.
Candidates will be evaluated by a selection panel including the Project’s Coordinator, ERA Chair holder and one member of InBIO’s Direction Board. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
ICETA – Instituto de Ciências, Tecnologias e Agroambiente da Universidade do Porto (ICETA-UP), on behalf of CIBIO-InBIO.
CIBIO-InBIO, Campus Agrário de Vairão, Rua Padre Armando Quintas, 4485-661 Vairão, Portugal (Coordinates: N41.328940, W8.672635).
[Se desejar manter-se informado sobre as oportunidades de emprego que surgem diariamente na área do Ambiente e Gestão de Recursos Naturais, siga a página "NaturJobs" que a Naturlink criou no Facebook em http://facebook.com/NaturJobs]